BBQ Hot Smoked Huon Salmon With Honey Dijon Potatoes
Credit: BBQ School
- Baking Pan
- 4 200g Salmon Fillets
- 1 Liter Cold Water
- 100 grams Salt
- 50 gram Sugar
- 60 mL Vodka
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Coriander
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 bunch Dill
- 800 grams Baby potatoes pre-cooked 20 mins
- 1 bunch Shallots cut into 4cm pieces
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 50 mL Olive oil
- 50 mL White wine vinegar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 50 mL Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Vegetable oil Serves
- Pre-heat the smoker to 120°c.
- Brine portion of Salmon skin side up for 20 to 30 mins then pat dry.
- For the salad, pre boil potatoes in salted water with dill for 20 mins. Trim shallots and cut into 4 cm battens. Combine potatoes, shallots, oil and seasoning. Finish the cooking of the salad on smoker in a baking pan or on a hot plate liner.
- For the dressing combine Dijon, Honey, Oil, White wine vinegar in a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
- To cook the salmon, place the salmon skin side down into the smoker. Smoke for 12 to 15 mins until the flesh easily separates.
- Remove the Salmon from Smoker and set aside whilst you assemble your plate and garnish. To serve place the potato salad onto a platter and drizzle with the dressing, followed by the Salmon. Serve with some lemon and fresh dill.
CHEFS TIP Cooking with the skin on improves helps to protect and flesh and keep your fish moist plus assists with presentation and the crispy skin is delicious to eat.