- Pre-heat your smoker to 150C with Redheads natural wood Charcoal and your preferred solid smoking wood.
- Prepare spice rub, add in herbs if you wish and set aside.
- Prepare Ribs by removing the membrane and rubbing generously with mix.
- Add to your smoker and smoke for 5 to 6 hours.
Check the fire, temperature and smoke as you go.
- Whilst the smoking is underway, begin reducing bourbon in a thick bottom pan.
Burn off the alcohol until it becomes a syrup, add porter and reduce to a glaze, add Smokey BBQ sauce and mix.
- After 5 to 6 hours, remove ribs from BBQ but wrap securely in foil and grease proof paper. Baste with 50-100g butter and a good splash of beer.
Add back to the smoker and finish cooking for about 3 hours or until tender to the touch.
Ideally the rib holds well together but you could remove the bone if needed to make it tender.
- For the last 15 minutes open the foil wrap to expose the rib to re-bark (re-texture/crisp) then add to your plate.
Generously coat in sauce and enjoy!
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Rub ingredient mixture liberally onto both sides of the steak, just prior to cooking.